What Personal Information about Customers does 1stepsuccess.comGather?
The information we learn from customers helps us personalize and continually improve the services and products we are offering at 1stepsuccess.com. Here are the types of information we gather.
- Information You Give Us: We receive and store any information you enter on our Web site or give us in any other way. You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features. We use the information that you provide for such purposes as responding to your requests, customizing services for you (like the “My Portfolio” on Study the Easy Way web-application), improving our products and services, and communicating with you.
- Automatic Information: We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. For example, like many Web sites, we use “cookies,” and we obtain certain types of information when your Web browser accesses1stepsuccess.com
What goes on with Cookies?
Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and to provide features such as “My Portfolio” on Web-applications and storage of items in your Shopping Cart between visits.
Although most browsers allow you to disable cookies (see your browser’s help for instructions on how to do that) we recommend that you keep them on, to enjoy a fully and smoothly functioning site.
Does 1stepsuccess.com share your Personal Data?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we are not in the business of selling it to others. We share customer information only as described below and with companies 1stepsuccess.com controls that either are subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
Third-Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders, delivering packages (e.g. Trafford Publishing, Ianos Booksteroes), sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance and processing credit card payments. They have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes.
Protection of 1stepsuccess.com and Others: We may need to release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions of use and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of 1stepsuccess.com, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction. Obviously, however, this does not include selling, renting, sharing, or otherwise disclosing personally identifiable information from customers for commercial purposes in violation of the commitments set forth in this Privacy Notice.
With Your Consent: If information about you is to go to a third party, we will notify you and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
What we do to secure your Personal Details
- We make the best efforts to secure your information with the best practices possible today.
- We do not store credit card details. The entire payment process and credit card number is re-directed and implemented through a secure server by ALPHA Bank. You can see their security procedures here.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to log-off when finished using a shared computer.
Do I have access to my personal details?
1stepsuccess.com gives you access to a broad range of information about your account. You can view and update your account information.
- You can choose not to provide certain information, but then you might not be able to take advantage of many of our features.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail or other mail from us, please use the unsubscribe link a the bottom of e-mail or contact us requesting that no mail is sent to you.
Are Children safe in using 1stepsuccess.com?
Conditions of Use, Notices, and Revisions
If you choose to visit 1stepsuccess.com, your visit and any dispute over privacy is subject to this Privacy Terms and our Terms and Conditions of Use, including limitations on damages, resolution of disputes, and application of the law of the state of Athens Greece. If you have any concern about privacy at 1stepsuccess.com, please contact us with a thorough description, and we will try to resolve it. We may e-mail periodic reminders of our notices and conditions, unless you have instructed us not to, but you should check our Web site frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Terms apply to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make, however, and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.